Sunday, October 2, 2016

Staring at my goldfish bowl, popping Phenobarbitol.

From 1978, and no doubt some of you have heard this.  It's the album that turned me onto the band.  One day in the late '80s I was perusing my Mom's boyfriends record rack.  Amidst the Poco and Loggins LPs was this rather curious, and comparatively radical anomaly.  I'd been acquainted with the name, but not so much the music.  I inquired.  Her boyfriend explained the record was errantly delivered by Columbia House, and he never bothered to return it.  Without any coaxing or suggesting on my part he handed it off to me.  And the rest is history.

Here

3 comments:

Konrad Useo said...

Many thanks. I originally bought this record as an 8-track. Ahh, the memories.

billybadbum said...

I remember initially being disappointed with this record 'cos it didn't rock as relentlessly as the previous three. It had clean-sounding guitars, and even - gasp! - a guitar solo (of sorts). I would come to appreciate its beauty once they settled into 'the formula' in later years. Oh, the foolishness of youth...

ispacehead said...

Anybody that didn't already know what this is based on your quote would have to figure it out based on the guitar solo comment.

Amazing record.